Our Caring Achieves RESULTS!
Marriottsville is an unincorporated community in Howard County, Maryland, United States. Marriottsville is located along Marriottsville Road near the Carroll County line, 10.3 miles north-northwest of Columbia.
Marriottsville is named after General Richard Marriott’s estate. The land was originally part of a large section of land patented by Charles Carroll of Carrollton. The village was home to a magnesium limestone quarry, and was known for farms such as “Prospect Hill”, and School Board member Henry O. Devries (1826-1902) farm. From 1965 to 1974, large tracts of Marriottsville once known as Alpha were purchaced by land speculators anticipating development. It was followed by density increases approved by the Howard County Department of Planning and Zoning for land development.
There are no schools near by this property.